Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Blank Canvas

Dori: 

WOW – in 48 hours I will be on a plane (the first of several) on the way to Uganda!  

I don’t really know how I feel.  I’m excited, anxious, calm, freaking out, full of anticipation…my emotions run the gamut about every hour.  I feel like an artist must feel sitting before a blank canvas waiting for inspiration.  I have a blank canvas of 14 days in front of me and I am waiting with all the emotions above to see what God will paint through me, and my team mates, on that canvas.  One moment I am excited and full of anticipation.  Then the ten thousand things that need to be taken care of before I leave crowds into the space between me and the blank canvas….and I freak out!

Of course those are all silly things like buying dog food and leaving money for hair appointments and getting graduation invites ordered (my daughter graduates high school in a couple months)..those silly things that can or can’t wait, but I feel like I must get done so they don’t clutter the canvas while I am away.  

Truly I can’t wait to get on that plane and breath and pray and anticipate all that God has for us in Uganda.  Thank you so much to all that have supported us!  I can’t wait to share the painting God creates through us when we return!

Blessings, Dori

No comments:

Post a Comment