Friday, March 21, 2014

Counting the Blessings

Steve Holbrook:

It’s less than 24 hours before our team departs for Good Shepherds Fold Orphanage in Uganda and while I’m sure the experience will have a large impact on my heart, my faith, and my world view as far as being blessed; it’s already happened!

Please let me share with you:

#1:  I was honored to be asked by my church, Westover, to lead this team of very special people to a very special place.  Savannah Meeks, Rowland Brazzeal, Scott Bowman, Jan Foreman, Dori Goebel & Steve Miller are the cream of the crop, trust me on that.  They have been so receptive, loving, generous and caring already and if for whatever reason we weren’t able to leave tomorrow, I would truly feel filled by the friendships that have already developed. It’s been a gift to have witnessed God impact their lives.

#2: I have been blessed by introducing so many folks to Tom & Sharon Batley, the missionaries at GSF, and the plight and hope for Uganda.  The full time, career missionaries are warriors; they are the ones on the front line dealing with hope and tragedy all the time- we will just be “visitors”.

Westover’s mission for our short term teams is to love on the folks who have committed so,so much for His purpose; we intend to do just that.  There will be an outpouring of some major US love going on in Uganda!

Watch this video about GSF if you haven’t already:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0CmoE4kgvM&feature=youtu.be

#3: I and my team have been so gifted by seeing the outpouring of prayers, financial support, and love.  For example, 15 or so of my Tuesday morning Outback men’s group gathered together this morning for breakfast and prayers for our team….so humbling. My heart was filled with love from these Godly men.

And we have received scores of commitments for prayer and financial support.  What an incredible thing to watch and see how God has used us to touch others.

The list of blessings goes on and on, but I feel like my team mates have done a much better job with their perspectives than I could ever do.  Please check the  team's previous blog posts AND be sure to sign up on the email link provided on this page so you can join us in spirit on our journey. Every time there is a new blog entry- you will receive an email notification & link to it.

With love and many blessings to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment