Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thoughts before we go

So we would like for you to be able to hear thoughts from all of our team members, not just me (the blogger), so we have asked for everyone to share how they are feeling, what they are thinking...so you get to hear from all of us!

Scott:

The bags are packed with all we could gather ourselves and from family & friends who have generously given for the missionaries we will work with, as well as the least of those in Uganda. 

I find it surreal that we leave in just a few days; seems like this process just started. I must admit as I stare out the window at an ice covered landscape AGAIN the prospect of warm weather is a bonus blessing! 

This is my first trip to Africa. The previous trips I have gone on have been after the world witnessed great disasters from the Tsunami in Indonesia, where I went in 2005-2009, to the Haitian earthquake in 2010. The attention of the media kept it in our minds and on our TV screens as a daily reminder. Uganda hasn’t had a recent natural disaster only decades of war and poverty caused by ruthless leaders, leaving over half the population under the age of 15 and the majority of those are orphaned and abused.

I feel privileged to go. I have no doubt that I will see things that will break mine as well as my teammates hearts. We have prayed as a team for God to break our hearts for what breaks HIS. Now as (I) we finish work commitments and deadlines before we depart Saturday, I pray we can empty ourselves, enjoy time with family and friends, and get our Minds & Hearts ready for what God will reveal to us and through us!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment